Hijack! Chelsea target Xavi Simons is IN LONDON as RB Leipzig confirm they have released £60m star to travel for talks...but NOT with the Blues!

1 day ago 7

By ZAC CAMPBELL, SPORTS SEO REPORTER

Published: 13:17 BST, 28 August 2025 | Updated: 13:23 BST, 28 August 2025

Xavi Simons has reportedly travelled to London for transfer talks that would see him leave RB Leipzig for a fee of up to £60million. 

Simons, 22, had been targeted by Chelsea earlier on in the window only for their London rivals Tottenham now leapfrogging them in the race to sign him. 

According to BILD, training at Leipzig had already taken place without him ahead of their game against Heidenheim in the Bundesliga on Saturday. 

Simons is said to have been 'released until further notice for future discussions,' according to the publication after they contacted club officials. 

Tottenham have not yet submitted an official offer, but have held introductory talks with Leipzig over a potential move. 

Simons is allegedly seeking an exit from the club, with the Lilywhites in need of a creative midfielder following long-term injuries to James Maddison and Dejan Kulusevski.

Simons, 22, had been targeted by Chelsea earlier on in the window only for their London rivals Tottenham now leapfrogging them in the race to sign him

Simons is said to have been 'released until further notice for future discussions,' according to the publication after they contacted club officials

That comes after Spurs lost out to Arsenal on the signing of Eberechi Eze - who left Crystal Palace to join their north London rivals. 

Thomas Frank's side had already lost out on Morgan Gibbs-White, who opted to stay at Nottingham Forest instead of joining Spurs.  

Read Entire Article
Ekonomi | Politic | Hukum | Kriminal | Literatur | SepakBola | Bulu Tangkis | Fashion | Hiburan |